Consistently Inconsistent Build Report
Here you will find build report on Consistently Inconsistent along with other facts about the bot. However there are many gaps in the report cause we forgot to take pictures.
Are messy work bench, time to clean
All cleaned up, time to get to work cutting the square tubing by hand for the frame, fun fun...
The bottom section of the frame all ready to be welded
The bottom section of the frame completed
The top section of the frame is welded and they drive system is test fitted
The caster mounts are clamped in place to be welded
Here you can view my first attempt at machining. Not very pretty but it works. This is the adapter that bolts onto the output shaft of the NPC 64038 and a timing pulley mounts onto it. That way the shocks to the motor are limited. And we can have different speeds.
*gap*(to be filled)
Drilling holes in frame so weld nuts can be welded in
Frame almost done
Rear view of the frame
Finally, the frame is completed
Gap, although we forgot to take pictures during this part. We cut all the armor(.25" 6061) using a 20 year old jig saw, skill saw and then when we realized we were never going to finish in time(this was 4 days before we planned to leave for Robocide) we went out and got a plasma cutter. That made QUICK work of the rest of all cutting
Here I am grinding down the part of the frame where the weapon system mounts so that it will be level.(I think)
Here is my weapon system PoP(pile o' parts) with the 3" mag on the left. 1.5" 4140 hardened steel shaft on the bottom. Right above that is the jack shaft and to the left of that is the small pulley that goes on the motor, and large which mounts to the weapon shaft.
Nearly complete, all that is left is the belts and the mounting of a few other components. And of course the all important stickers.